Queen City Silviculture
-QCS is a family owned tree service company that specializes in rope and saddle climbing to prune and remove trees; as well as plant trees in and around the Shenandoah Valley. Crew members assist foreman and second climber with production while learning the trade.
- Team is responsible for safe production of Arboriculture techniques in the Urban Landscape. Tasks include: pruning of small and large (and very large) trees and shrubs. Take down of dead, declining or possibly hazardous trees; working in the built environment.
- Perform physically at a high level in adverse weather conditions for up to ten or more hours a day.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner, give and receive feedback, participate in daily safety meetings and help maintain fleet machinery/tools.
- Respond to storm emergency calls working up to 16 hours at a time, multiple days in a row.
- Always on time.
- Physically fit and tough minded; capable of lifting/dragging 100 lbs. repetitively.
- Able to learn basic Arborist knot “nomenclature” and basic physical properties of ropes; block and tackle; and gravitational forces.
- Able to operate a chainsaw in a safe, productive manner 2+ hours consecutively.
- Has own, reliable transportation and a valid VA driver’s license.
- Able to assist with backing of large equipment/trailers; direct traffic and pedestrians in order to accomplish maneuvering.
- Has own smartphone with email.
- Physically able to work outdoors all year long.
- Non-tobacco user.
- Family oriented.
- 2 or more years experience on Arboricultural Operations crew.
- Class B CDL
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- ISA Certified Arborist
- TCIA Certified Climber
Skills of interest:
- Experience with native/naturalized plants in Valley.
- Outdoor leadership training.
- Position is 4 days a week M-Th; average work day is 9 hours +/-. Hours increase during storm response.
- Compensation: based on experience $15-$25/hour.
- Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Career growth opportunities
- Work alongside expert tree climbers/learn marketable skills.
- Work in a company owned by a family that believes in Family and fair treatment of people and the planet.
Contact Danielle and Jason LaRose at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter and references.
Jason and Danielle LaRose